Your home’s exterior appearance has a significant impact on its overall look and value. Maintaining it through regular painting is crucial. But how do you determine when it’s time for a new coat of paint? In this blog, we’ll discuss the signs that indicate your home needs exterior painting.
1. Loss of Sheen in Paint: The loss of sheen is the first warning sign that you are soon to need exterior paint coating. These areas will look muddled in or discolored in appearance to the original color. One active way to test this would be to get some water on the siding. If you see it bead off then sheen exists, if it soaks into the coating discoloring it, then the sheen is leaving those areas.
2. Faded or Chipped Paint: The sun, rain and wind can cause paint to fade and chip making your home look old and worn. If you notice faded or chipped paint on your home’s exterior, it’s time to consider repainting.
3. Cracking or Peeling Paint: Cracking or peeling paint can be a sign of structural damage or allow water, vapor and moisture into your home, causing mold and other problems. If you see cracking paint on your home’s exterior, it’s time for a new paint job.
4. Algae or Mold Growth: Algae and mold growth on your home’s exterior can deteriorate paint and be difficult to remove without repainting. If you notice algae or mold growth on your home’s exterior, it’s time to consider a new paint job.
5. Rust stains: Rust stains on your home’s exterior indicate corroding metal components and can be unsightly. If you see rust stains, it’s time to consider a new paint job.
In conclusion, by keeping an eye out for these signs you can ensure your home’s exterior always presents a quality aesthetic and retains value. If you’re not sure if your home needs a new paint job, it’s best to consult a professional for a thorough inspection. A professional can assess the condition on your home’s exterior and recommend the best course of action to maintain its appearance.